![]() |
| Straight (not really) across Maine. 129 miles - 2½ hours with a grocery stop |
![]() |
| Campground layout as it exits now. I'm booked already for next year and will be in the old site #14 (top right) which will become the new site #1 AND there'll be no one in front of me. |
I've decided to post my current blog in two parts. There have been so many things to write about and share, I would hate to have readers dozing with only a few tidbits of my latest stopover. This Part One will be just about the campground and highlights. Part Two will be devoted to my dear cousin John and wife, Barbara; my reason for being here in the first place. Before I left New Hampshire, (black arrow) the radar map to the left hinted the ride would not be nice. It rained steady for about an hour with a few claps of thunder but it moved east and so did I. Apparently, I followed it because the weather was perfect.
| Crossing the State line was uneventful and disappointing. |
![]() |
| One roadway sign very prevalent. |
Well, it's been a year since my last visit here. I was on site #17 last time. Both views from the RV are overlooking the Bay and very beautiful. It seems whenever and wherever we humans travel and congregate, a body of water of any size is the desired location that brings the ultimate sense of serenity and relaxation. Be it a pond, lake, stream, river, bay, ocean or creek, just look at the price someone will charge....or pay for that amenity.
![]() | ||
| ....for about an hour before a new arrival slipped into the site. |
| 6:13 am Sunrise |
| 6:51 pm Moon rise |
On Friday, the 12th I got to see the full moon, the Harvest Moon also known as the "corn moon" or the "worm moon."
| You had to be there to appreciate this photo |
A STRONG COLD FRONT WILL MOVE THROUGH THE REGION THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING BRINGING THE POTENTIAL FOR SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.SOME STRONG THUNDERSTORMS ARE POSSIBLE...WITH GUSTY WINDS AND HEAVY RAINFALL.
...is one of the very few times I've had to pay attention to the weather. All states I visited sorely needed the rain. This reality was evidenced by observing near dry river beds and slow moving waters with their sand bars and river rocks exposed. I always heed the warnings no matter how "potential" they are; awning is in, chairs folded and put way and anything that can "fly" tied down. I think on my trip, I've had one or two days where I could say, "it rained." I've been very lucky. As it turned out...nothing. A little windy, a drizzly rain for a couple hours, and then sunshine.
HIGHLIGHTS:
- Beginning after the campground closes for the season, there will be major renovations of all sites; new sewers, 30 & 50 amp service. All sites with be situated with a view of the Bay.
- Ending this year, a free service where your black water tank is pumped and drained Mondays and Thursdays. Kinda hate to see that amenity disappear.
- Happy Hours each Friday has the owners treating you to the drinks; you just have to bring the snacks. Unheard of.
- Met Craig and Mary from southwest Michigan; black Angus ranchers
- Met Betty and Steve from Marlboro, NY and heard their extensive travel stories
- Met Bob, MD, and son, Anthony, who drove up special Saturday night for dad's 60th b'day. Bob, a master electrician/MotoCross aficionado, MD (Mary Dana), equestrian with 3 or 4 prize winning horses nicely situated near Magic Mountain in southern VT. A satellite view of their 30+ acres shows the extent of their interests.
- Weather, though breezy to windy, most days was perfect enough to allow me to lay out and get a nice late summer tan.
![]() |
| Driveway begins at top left; Bob's motocross track visible in center right. MD's horse arena, barns, and paddock in lower portion of photo. |
Some more views captured during my stay.
| Low tide looking east |
| The Schooner Timberwind out of Belfast, Maine. It's a 2-hour cruise on Penobscot Bay. |
| $50.00 for adults |
| Looking southwest just after sunset |








Aloha...& just awesome being there with Mother Nature all around...birds, skunks, some reptiles ?? This is such a beautiful time to be out there in the forest ! Happy Monday, laters, love Barbara
ReplyDeleteFinally got the chance to read Part I. What beautiful photos of the sunrise and full-moon sunset. We witnessed that full-orange ball in Colorado with the girls. Memorable sight.
ReplyDeleteThe campground looks lovely. Why didn't you book a site right on the water? That way, no one can block your view.
Will get to Part II next.
Safe travels.