In the blink of an eye, one year has passed. On June 14, 2014, Marybeth and I traveled north to SPAC to enjoy her Father's Day gift to me: A concert featuring Journey and the Steve Miller Band. It was the first time I had ever driven Winnie...right off Camping World's lot in Kingston, NY. I believe by now her white knuckles on that trip have recovered their natural color. I still eagerly await my next trip as though it were my first. Over 6,000 miles have been logged and there is no evidence of wear and tear on either Winnie or me.
With a (her) new year beginning, the reader will notice a new look on my blog site: The addition of tabs along the top of this page. One click now navigates you to previously posted pages. The reader no longer has to guess where to go to find information post earlier that (may have) interested them. These will be updated individually as the need arises, so check periodically.
With a (her) new year beginning, the reader will notice a new look on my blog site: The addition of tabs along the top of this page. One click now navigates you to previously posted pages. The reader no longer has to guess where to go to find information post earlier that (may have) interested them. These will be updated individually as the need arises, so check periodically.
As mentioned in earlier blogs, the planning, phone calls, decision making regarding the best campground site ("site" unseen), and the best route to get there with the least amount of hassle have all been an exciting part of "the adventure." I've worked with on-line maps, GPS software for the built-in Rand McNally and Garmin's Dēzl 560 dash mounted devices, and combined all input for the best way to go. Although I "went with my gut" on many trips, the one great feature of both GPS devices that I respected were routes I was unable to take; those with size and weight restrictions, low overpasses, and travel-ways not open to trucks or RV's. After that task was completed, the business of planning menus and shopping for necessities completed the plan.
As a birthday treat to Winnie, I brought her to American Cycle Corp, 1400 Park Street, in Peekskill, for an oil change. Dave, Robin and staff got a chance to visit inside securing them a place on The Wall of Fame. Winnie drank heartily for the occasion: 13 quarts of diesel oil and a new filter. She is now ready for another 7,000 miles. Our third adventure of the new season will take place on Wednesday, June 17th with a trip to the KOA in Newburgh, NY, for 5 days.
![]() |
| Yes, her 25' butt just about made it into the bay. |
![]() |
| Fortunately, the lift was not needed. 11' 3" clearance needed for Winnie |
![]() |
| Dave, owner and former Blue Mt. Middle School student |
![]() |
| Co-worker, Robin, also a former student at BMMS, loved Winnie but loves her Jeep more! |
![]() |
| Mike approves |
![]() |
| Donny had the honors of changing the oil. |
![]() |
| The other Mike loved Winnie too. |
If you check the tab above, these 5 new "Visitors" now grace the walls inside Winnie. Thank you all for your services.








No comments:
Post a Comment