Thursday, February 11, 2016

Manatee Hammock Campground 2/1 --> 2/3/2016


Today, February 1st, was the first time I felt like I was in Florida; the Florida everyone associates with bright sunshine and temperatures approaching the unbearable and requiring air conditioning. The temperature hit 75 degrees but who knows for how long.  The 20 mile trip was planned a bit differently because check out time at Space Coast was 11 a.m. but check in time at Manatee was 3:00 pm with a fee applied if you arrive early.  So? What to do for 4 hours? First of all, I avoided speedy I-95 and chose good ol' nice and easy Route 1. What I needed to do was conveniently "on the way." I stopped at CVS to get printouts of my new guests of the week for the Hall of Fame; then a visit to Publix to restock suppliess I might need. And, finally, a good amount of time spent doing two loads of laundry at "The Lost Sock," a laundromat in a strip mall. A productive way to use up an hour and a half...add another half hour folding.




My site #12 is nestled in between two big 5th wheels. To me, it looked like all campsites were taken. I tried to see if any blue sites...on the water...were available but the blue area are tent sites. For the length of time I'm here....no matter.







Looking west


The empty site across the road.

Looking east toward ocean



These are the tent sites at the far east border of the park. No hookups but an impressive view.  A pleasant, comfortable campground for my two night stay.  On to the Orlando area with Elite RV Resort in Clermont my first week long layover. At long last, a time for visiting friends, Vicki/George, Kathy/Ray, and CJ/Trish in Celebration.

Group camping area



Tent camping area



























2 comments:

  1. We are dropping below zero and it is going to be windy Sat. That is a wee bit chilly. I would turn on my gas fire place, but the wind keeps blowing it out. I have it covered to keep the gold wind out of the house. No damper aviable for me to close. M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manatee looks like a nice place. Got a laugh out of the name of the laundromat. Hope you didn't leave one behind.

    ReplyDelete